In this post, we’ll explore local marketing ideas for veterinary clinics that can help you grow your business and attract more pet owners. Sometimes, we’ll help tie it back to your online presence. In other cases, this is your chance to build a thriving word-of-mouth and referral funnel for your business.
All veterinary businesses need a strong online presence.
In today’s digital age, having a solid online presence is essential for any business. Your clinic’s website and social media accounts are the faces of your business, and potential clients will often look at them before deciding to visit your clinic.
Here are some ways to improve your online presence:
- Create a user-friendly website: Your website should be easy to navigate and provide all the necessary information about your clinic, such as your services, location, hours, and contact information. Enter, WhiskerCloud! We build custom veterinary websites loaded with useful features. Let us manage your website, social media, search engine optimization, and online reputation.
- Use social media: Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram are great tools for reaching potential clients. Use them to showcase your services, share photos of your clinic, and engage with your followers. With WhiskerCloud, you have the in-house social media and design team you’ve dreamed about.
- Collect online reviews: Positive online reviews can help you build credibility and attract new clients. Encourage satisfied clients to leave reviews on your website or social media accounts. Did you know that 67% of consumers say reviews influence their decisions when choosing a business to work with? Veterinary reputation management is important. WhiskerCloud can help!
Host local events for pet owners.
Hosting local events is a great way to showcase your clinic to the community and connect with potential clients. Here are some event ideas:
- Pet adoption events: Partner with local animal shelters and rescue organizations to host pet adoption events at your clinic. Assisting your local shelter is a great way to establish a relationship. The shelter could refer new pet parents to your practice in exchange for your services and expertise.
- Pet health seminars: Host seminars on topics related to pet health and invite local pet owners to attend.
- Open house events: Host an open house event at your clinic to showcase your facilities, meet with potential clients, and answer their questions.
WhiskerCloud has dozens of customers that utilize our services to showcase their upcoming local events and to promote their local standing in their community. You can do this through social media posts or custom pages on your WhiskerCloud website.
Partner with other local pet businesses.
Partnering with local businesses can help you reach a wider audience and attract new clients. Here are some partnership ideas:
- Partner with local pet stores: Offer to provide informational brochures or host a pet health seminar at a local pet store.
- Partner with local groomers: Offer to provide discounted services for clients who use a local groomer.
- Partner with local trainers: Offer to provide discounted services for clients who attend obedience classes at a local trainer.
Offer referral discounts and incentives for current clients.
Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool, and offering referral discounts can encourage your current clients to refer their friends and family to your clinic. Here’s how it works:
- Offer a discount: Offer a discount on services to clients who refer a new client to your clinic. Click here to see an excellent example of a client referral page.
- Spread the word: Let your current clients know about the referral program through email newsletters, social media posts, or flyers in your clinic.
What local marketing ideas will your veterinary clinic implement?
Effective marketing is essential for the success of any veterinary clinic, and local marketing initiatives can be particularly effective in attracting new clients. By building your online presence, hosting local events, partnering with local businesses, and offering referral discounts, you can create a strong presence in your community and grow your business.
Remember, the key to successful marketing is to be creative and persistent. Try out different marketing initiatives and measure their success to determine what works best for your clinic. By doing so, you’ll be well on your way to building a thriving veterinary business.